09 Mar Get to know the benefits of Fazer™ Functional ingredients
Thinking of a food ingredient rich in nutrients and that has many health benefits?
Think about Fazer™ Functional ingredients!
The Functional ingredients by Fazer™ present a diverse and versatile offering for many sorts of food products: from plant-based food to sport nutrition and from health food to snacks and supplements. Working to make its farming more and more environmentally friendly, Fazer™ has Grain vision commitments Sustainable Farming Principles.
In this blog, the focus is on Fazer™’s Beta Glucan, Oat Protein and Rye Fibre.
Beta Glucan is the soluble fibre found in oats. It is easy to use in a manufacturing process and can be used in a wide range of food product applications.
- Oat Beta Glucan increases the viscosity in the gut and prevents the body form absorbing cholesterol. In this way, it contributes to the maintenance and reduction of blood cholesterol. High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. The beneficial effect is obtained with at least 1 g of Oat Beta Glucan per portion and total daily intake of 3 g Oat Beta Glucan
- The consumption of Oat Beta Glucan as part of a meal contributes to the reduction of the blood glucose rise after that meal. The beneficial effect is obtained with products containing at least 4 g of Beta Glucan per 30 grams available carbohydrates
- Oat grain fibre contributes to the maintenance of digestive health by increasing faecal bulk
Beta Glucan can be included in products such as pasta, smoothies, breakfast cereals, supplements and snack bars.
Due to its lower oil content, Oat Protein improves not only nutrition but also the quality and shelf life of plant-based foods. It contains high quality plant protein and is ideal to use in drink products as well as sport nutrition, cereal bars and non-dairy applications.
- High intensity and endurance sport recovery
- Optimal carbohydrate and protein ratio for rapid muscle restoration of glycogen
- Source of magnesium, iron, potassium and zinc
Rye Fibre is an easy-to-use ingredient which combines the health benefits of rye and fibre. It also contains vitamins and minerals and offers a particularly balanced combination of water-soluble and insoluble fibres.
- Contributes to a normal bowel function
- Rich in plant protein
Fazer™’s Rye Fibre does not affect the taste and can be applicated in drink and muesli mixes, supplements and bakery products.