30 Jan COSMET´AGORA – Multiple solutions in a single location
The 15th edition of Cosmet’Agora, organized by the French Society of Cosmetology, was held at the Espace Champerret in Paris in the beginning of January. Over 150 exhibitors presented a variety of new ideas and trends in the cosmetic industry over two days. The event provided a great opportunity for attendees to learn about the latest advancements in the field.
Regardless of the product category, trends were evident and present in the proposals of many companies. The most prevalent concepts in ingredient formulation were:
- Multifunctionality: There is a growing demand for products that can address multiple concerns at once. Consumers are looking to streamline their routine by using fewer products and reducing waste.
- Upcycled: As consumers become more mindful of their purchasing choices, the trend towards zero waste, repurposed packaging, and fair trade ingredients is on the rise. Upcycled beauty, which utilizes discarded materials such as food waste to create unique cosmetic ingredients, is becoming increasingly popular within the industry.
- Saving water: As water is a crucial ingredient in the cosmetic industry, there is a growing trend towards finding ways to use less of it. This includes developing waterless or water-free formulations to conserve this precious resource.
- Ethical sourcing: The cosmetic industry is focusing on obtaining raw materials in a responsible and ethical manner through ethical sourcing.
- Plastic reduction: Using fewer plastic items and opting for products made from natural, renewable materials.
The cosmetic industry is actively working towards providing ingredients that are beneficial for both human health and the planet, by continuously exploring new ways to improve sustainability.
Kreglinger offers a comprehensive selection of products that meet current demands. Bicosome® for instance is one of our principals that proudly developed a biological transporter that effectively delivers molecules to specific areas of the skin, where they are needed. Apart from the active beneﬁts, Bicosome® has a zero waste process, free from contaminants and it is environmentally sustainable.
Other noteworthy topics that have been exhibited are the following claims related to skin and hair:
- Healthier and repaired skin barrier
- Gentle on sensitive skin
It is expected that these new innovative ingredients have the same efficacy and an even better performance. This is clearly a challenge, but a good one. It motivates the cosmetic industry to solve today’s problems such as carbon and water footprint, microbeads impact and the use of toxic chemicals.
Bitop, amongst our different partners, has recently introduced ECTOinOIL®, the ﬁrst oil-compatible Ectoin which is specially developed for the use in water-free products.
ECTOinOIL® offers formulators the opportunity of creating a new range of consumer trending products with the clinically proven efficacy of Ectoin like anti-aging, blue light protection, anti-pollution, long-term hydration & skin barrier repair.
Attending various fairs throughout Europe has given us valuable insights into the different markets. Our goal is to consistently offer quality and innovative products. Our experience at Cosmet’Agora has sparked new ideas. It was a pleasure to reconnect with our existing customers and make new connections. We were delighted to assist each of them by providing guidance, direction and solutions, keeping in mind the latest trends and innovative products.